Digitizing

Almost 2 dress designs down, 1 1/2 left.

This is a design done by Gina Foster for her daughter Shaylah. She sent the designs to Susan who made the vector graphics and then sent them to me for digitizing. Here are pics from my software after digitizing.

Bodice.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sleeve.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Panels.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I will get them stitched out this week so Gina can get the dress done for the SRO.

This one below is for another O dancer. This will have a double row of panels (front and back), short over long, and a completely soft underskirt. Still have the bodice to do, but we are still working on that idea because we want to construct this bodice differently. More on that later when it works!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am actually going to be in the dungeon today…I am so sick of being on the computer all week that this makes me very happy. So, TA!

1. hpyswr
    Oct 27, 2007 @ 13:21:00

Beautiful!!!! We sure are going back to the fully embroidered dress….I remember the pictures of the one that you did a while back. These are so elegant. Just lovely. Colleen M

2. Caroline
    Oct 27, 2007 @ 14:05:00

Wow. These posts always make me wish I had an embroiderymachine too. Why can’t you be my neighbour? I need you to be my neighbour and show me how to work this or just do all my embroidery for me. …:-)

3. Anonymous
    Oct 27, 2007 @ 19:54:00

Absolutely gorgeous! Love Gina’s design, and I am so happy to see the turn toward knotwork once again. (This means I must get out the manuals and start relearning how to digitize… Thanks a lot, Ann! LOL)
    Rose

4. Anonymous
    Oct 28, 2007 @ 02:21:00

wow you really have mastered your craft. how long does it take on your machine to stitch one panel it must use an incredible amount of thread.

5. Anonymous
    Oct 28, 2007 @ 02:27:00

the bottom two have an applique look about them, i love them both have absolutely no use for one but would love a machine like this. maybe a lotto win and i could be frivolous.(or fly to you personally)

6. Diane
    Oct 28, 2007 @ 11:48:00

These are amazing! I hope that once the the dresses are done you’ll post photos. Love them!

7. Anonymous
    Oct 28, 2007 @ 20:51:00

They are incredible – makes me start to wish I did have a computerized embroidery machine. Janet

8. Gina
    Oct 29, 2007 @ 08:49:00

You do realise that you have Shaylah drooling now? She wants to know every detail of when you are going to sew and how long it will take til she has it in her hands and can I sew it immediately and why isn’t it done yet?

THANKS A LOT WOMAN .. — hehehe hugggs

9. Nicole
    Oct 30, 2007 @ 00:31:11

Ann, your digitising is absolutely superb! I was wondering something – where do you (or Susan) get your artwork/inspiration for these kind of embroidery designs? Is one of you really artistic and draws them from scratch?

10. Littleskatersmom
    Nov 02, 2007 @ 09:47:42

The dungeon? I love it! I always say “I’m going into my hole now”. While in my sewing room I am completely cut off from the outside world.