Pics of Katelyn’s Tunic Dress

Here she is!!!! Thank you so much, Grace, for sending them.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Soft cape.

Here she is dancing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just love the way this skirt moves!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Thank you, Katelyn!

Advertisements

1. nicolestals
    Feb 04, 2008 @ 16:56:58

Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! Helps that they’re my favourite colours, but I just love this dress, the way it suits the dancer, the way it looks in flight, its just perfection! I would love to see photos of the skirt, it looks to be a different shape to the other two tunic dresses?

2. colmurph
    Feb 04, 2008 @ 17:52:27

Perfection is just right. How lovely to see it in motion! Would love a close up of the bodice, can’t make out the embroidery details and my mind wants to see all of the beauty! Actually would just love more photos now of it in pieces! What a lucky girl. Colleen p.s. for competitions does she tie her number around her waist with a ribbon? Wondering about that detail.

3. jillsewsirish
    Feb 04, 2008 @ 18:45:10

Absolutely love it, love it, love it! I really like the way that the underskirt keeps its shape under the tunic top. Is it fully lined? Ann this is my favourite so far!!! Gorgeous! Lucky girl who got it.

4. sewcrazy4fashion
    Feb 05, 2008 @ 09:42:57

BEAUTIFUL! =D

5. lcat443
    Feb 05, 2008 @ 12:36:34

Wow. It works in every way. . . What a stunning, graceful dress! Absolutely amazing.
    Leish

6. happybeardie
    Feb 05, 2008 @ 12:57:34

What a beautiful dress. I am really partial to the colors too, but I love the gracefulness and elegance. I would love to know a little more about the skirt too- just because it’s so beautiful! I was sold on these dresses to begin with, but I am getting more and more enthralled with each one I see!
    Susan

Feb 05, 2008 @ 13:12:49

When I get the dress back, I will take pics of the skirt and the lining.

8. mendylady
    Feb 05, 2008 @ 16:30:42

Lovely! The dress, the young lady, the dancing.

Two comments not about the dress: first, the wigs never don’t look ridiculous. Why do the god-like teachers insist the girls wear them? Second: every time my ballet teacher saw me standing like that, she had fits. Maybe it’s because I point my toes the other way…

9. maryhorton60
    Feb 06, 2008 @ 16:26:54

really beautiful. Look at the lift she has. GO GIRL. Ann does the bodice run straight down into the panels in one piece, or is it a skirt and bodice. Its looks so smooth. Mary H.

10. kktsews
    Feb 06, 2008 @ 22:38:10

I absolutely love this dress–better than the red/black one, even. The colors, the sparkle (comes through on pictures so must be fab in person) the lines.

Mendylady’s right–the next major change should be to ditch the huge, heavy wigs. I saw a young lady at the Akron Ohio Feis last year with a long, loose crul wig that looked so much more natural. I know it was a wig, but wow, was it ever pretty. And loose curls will bounce like the tight wigs, if you have enough bounce in the girl’s jumps.

Hearty congrats to DM and designer.

11. emeraldrose
    Feb 07, 2008 @ 09:07:49

I absolutely LOVE the way the skirt hangs- whether in motion or standing still. I hope you’ll share some hints for creating a skirt that ripples so nicely. It looks like you have it down to a science!

As for the wig issue- one of the schools in our area began a “boycott” of sorts regarding wigs, and their dancers are seen with their hair neatly pulled back in a simple ribbon. I think the no wig look will be easier to pull off with the newer bodice styles. When the base/applique/trim were all sequin or sequin dot, I think the wig balanced the look. It’s interesting to watch how styles are going full circle. When we first started out 10 years ago, the girls wore embroidered velvets with a much looser skirt. Most girls had curled hair, and we were so excited to get one of the loose curled banana clip wigs! We’ve watched the dresses get more and more sparkly and skirt so stiff they could stand up on their own. Then, a couple of years back, the base fabrics began to change away from the sequin… and now, how many of us have velvet back in our fabric stashes and how many of us have tried a “soft skirt?”

12. krisb2000
    Feb 12, 2008 @ 20:57:24

Ann, this dress is absolutely gorgeous!! The colors are just stunning and it sparkles so. Katelyn is gorgeous too!!! Absolutely gorgeous;) K.

13. cattom
    Feb 24, 2008 @ 14:41:21

Hi Anne bit late posting on this dress have been in Ireland,love the shape and movement of this dress,looks like it would be lovely to dance in and will allow much freer movement. Will feis dress be producing a pattern like this for purchase. They would make fantastic figure costumes.16 hand teams would look fab in these. Thanks Teresa