My Guard Garb

So after I wrote “Now, off to guard the gates…should I wear my armor or an ID dress with feathers!!?” at the end of the last post, I did try half-heartedly to find a pic of something amusing.  I kept coming back to liking costumes from “Priscilla Queen of the Desert” which has always been one of my all time favorite movies, but decided not to post any.

Then, just now, Katie (mendylady) posts: “Definitely feathers.  and hologram lame.  and platforms with goldfish. ;P  Have you watched Priscilla, Queen of the Desert at all recently?”

HA!!  Great minds…so here is my guard garb!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

There is something perversely appropriate about these costumes for this job, wouldn’t you say?

1. toapert
    Feb 27, 2008 @ 19:05:24

Yeah – particularly the last one. But you need to make the face as well. I’m going to be your second in command and wear the dress with the yellow flowers(?). No one will get past us!!!!

2. sewtto
    Feb 27, 2008 @ 20:30:18

Hey Ann,
    Is that Gavin in the first pict dreaming up his next trend? Sorry, couldn’t resist.
    In the second pict I see that curls are still in – maybe the next trend in Irish dancing wigs!
    I wonder how much they pay for those costumes.

3. megamaid
    Feb 27, 2008 @ 23:40:10

Now Ann… you said you weren’t going to post any pictures of the new Teelin School dresses until the final design was approved!

😛

4. ReAnne
    Feb 28, 2008 @ 10:50:14

Absolutely perfect for guarding! You’re sure to keep the crazies away. Or, draw them in…I’m not quite sure which now that I think about it.

Do you watch Project Runway? I’m…let’s say…obsessed. Chris March showed part of his collection last night, and he had what looked like feathers on his garments until they found out upon further inspection that it was human hair. It sounds gross, but it looked really cool! I’ve never heard of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, but those are amazing costumes!! I’ll have to do some searches to see more.

5. mendylady
    Feb 28, 2008 @ 12:26:20

*giggling uncontrollably*

Fabulous!!!

I had no idea you loved it as much as I do. Are you sure we’re not twins or something?

6. emeraldrose
    Feb 28, 2008 @ 13:42:13

Second picture, middle headpiece/hair thingy:

What a great medium to create new styled headpieces, instead of trying to position some headband type thing in those humongous wigs! I can envision a circular section attached… creating a celtic cross! Or flowers entwined in some sort of celtic trellis…

Yikes, what’s wrong with me?