It has been said…

…that we should try having the dancers perform with bags over their heads…Molly (one of our members) wrote: “I loved a male adjudicator’s comment once that he would like it if each dancer wore a plain garment with a bag over the head so he couldn’t even see a face. Then he would be judging only the dancing!”

While I was eating my lunch, I perused the New York Times.  I found these:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hey!   No wigs!!!  Next we can get into the most outrageously shaped and colored headpieces!!!  Shamrocks!  Knots!  Celtic crosses!  A can of Guinness!!

Fascinating…I would love to get inside this designer’s head!!!!

1. cincysewer
    Mar 12, 2008 @ 15:36:30

I am laughing so hard–have to be sure the 2yr.old grandson doesn’t see me as I view these photos-don’t we teach children not to put plastic bags on their heads???

2. cthreads
    Mar 12, 2008 @ 17:26:42

I love looking at the audience – they seem perfectly fine with this. I would be laughing and pointing. Guess I won’t be invited to any big NY fashion shows! Mary

3. mendylady
    Mar 12, 2008 @ 21:56:09

…my inner feminist (ok, she’s a big part of me, although I can look at things without her sometimes)is spasming.

4. paulars
    Mar 13, 2008 @ 09:09:58

Holy crap – this frightens me!

5. maid2feis
    Mar 13, 2008 @ 09:56:00

Oh please, I’ve seen this look before. My daughter sewed something just like it the first time I gave her a needle and thread! Snort 😀

6. ginafoster
    Mar 13, 2008 @ 11:20:10

but they forgot the Ompah Loompa orange tanner.