Hey…

I have been getting many requests for access to the info I have written over the past few years, so I have decided to re-open this blog to allow that.  I have not re-posted everything like the family stuff and some of my more snarky rants, but the dressmaking stuff is here.  I have only re-posted the alignment stuff that pertains to dressmaking.

I have actually stopped making dresses for the moment.  I got sick (again!) back in November, and the bricks banging on my skull finally made it clear that I am allergic to stress!!!  (Picture a full-blown diva nerve storm here…)  I have been wrestling with my perceptions of “stress.”  I/we Americans (?) think of stress as being an excuse for weenies to cop out.  However, after one lecture from my doc in which he made it clear that he perceives stress to be a real and potentially destructive thing, I finally had the guts to start saying no.  There are so many events and reasons that have contributed to my feeling that my dressmaking had become a burden instead of a joy…none of them worth re-hashing.  For now, I am not a dressmaker.

Instead, I am happily enjoying my newest endeavor of creating, digitizing and embroidering designs for Irish dance dresses.  All of that is here:  Taoknitter Arts.

And now that life is calmer (each new set of tests confirms my health), I am feeling the impulse to write again.  I shall see how it goes.

1. Lisa Horn
    Feb 06, 2009 @ 12:11:51

Ann-for you to say you are not a dressmaker is like a dance adjudicator saying they are no longer a dancer-your expertise, experience,advice and observations are still very valuable to all of us-even if you are not currently creating dresses.

Feb 06, 2009 @ 12:14:08

Thank you, Lisa. That is very kind of you!

3. Colleen M
    Feb 06, 2009 @ 13:46:25

Yay!

4. K8
    Feb 06, 2009 @ 14:57:42

Glad to “see” you again! I’ve been wondering how you and the divas were doing. I am sorry to hear of your health issues, but glad you are doing better.

And ditto what Lisa said!

5. Susan C
    Feb 06, 2009 @ 16:11:09

Thanks for opening it back up, Ann. I really have missed reading your information and also hearing from the people who posted on the blog before. I really hope you’ll be feeling better and better as time goes on. Stress can be a dreadful thing. I’m trying so hard to learn to relax and not let it get to me, so I know how hard it can be to deal with.

6. Jan Hopman
    Feb 06, 2009 @ 19:38:04

Yea Ann!!!! I missed your blog. You are a great source of information as well as a wonderful person who puts things in perspective. Not only are you a talented writer (something that I hate to do), but you are a talented seamstress and designer. Wow! You have a lot of “hats” to wear, but you wear them all very well.
    Thanks!

7. Terrie Murphy-Ashley
    Feb 07, 2009 @ 11:58:11

Thank you so much Anne. I certainly missed it when it was gone. I’m glad its back!

Terrie

8. Gina
    Feb 08, 2009 @ 21:40:03

Ann, I’m delighted…. this is great …. oh yeah and bringing up the website again is good to (Of course I meant the test results you ninny)

9. Kristine
    Feb 09, 2009 @ 08:48:00

Ditto what Lisa said;) Kris

10. GailV
    Feb 09, 2009 @ 09:48:49

I had wondered how you were — I’m glad to hear your health is coming back. And it’s fantastic to have this resource again. I had printed off much physiology info the last time around (and eternal thanks for getting me started learning about those issues, which often seem hush-hush in ID), but had paid scant attention to the dressmaking. My new obsession is all things sewing, whether ordinary clothing or these amazing creations in the world of ID. I’m delighted to see links here to SewingDivas and Kathleen Fasanella — it seems like running into old friends at a new hangout.